If you are a car owner or driving car for a long periods of time then I think you have faced this situation because it can happen with every single person. That’s why its better to learn how to remove broken spark plug because in the middle of the road you are not going to get any mechanic and at that time if you know how to remove broken spark plug then you can remove the broken spark plug by yourselves only without calling any professional which I think will be both time saving and cost effective for you.
So if you want to learn the whole process of how to remove broken spark plug from car engine then you must scroll down and read the whole article in a step by step way.
What are the Signs of a Broken Spark Plug
You will notice some signs from which you can understand that your car spark plug has broken. Below we are going to describe about the signs.
- Your car engine is misfiring. Many other problem can be the reason for misfiring but one of the reason for misfiring is broken spark plug.
- The engine is running roughly. It can also happen due to many reason but one of the reason for it is broken spark plug.
- If you face trouble while starting your car engine that means your car spark plug has busted.
- If you notice that your car engine is losing its power that means the spark plugs of your car are no longer working properly.
- If you hear any abnormal noise while starting the car engine that means your car spark plug has been broken.
How to remove a broken spark plug
Now we are going to explain how to remove a broken spark plug in a step by step process
- Before removing the spark plug from your car you must make sure that you have start off your car more than a hours ago because you cannot remove the spark plug from your car engine when it remains hot.
- Next you must disconnect the battery of your car for your own safety.
- If you are lucky then you will notice that the broken spark plug is sticking out of the engine far enough which you can grab with the help of a pliers.
- Now if you are not so lucky then you have to take the help of pliers to remove the spark plug socket.
- While removing the spark plug you must make sure that the size of your socket is right because if you do not use right size socket then the thread surrounding of the spark plug placement may get damaged.
- Next you should attach the socket with a ratchet and extension. After that you should ratchet into the hole where the spark plug was and turn it counterclockwise until the broken spark plug comes loose. lastly you should remove the broken spark plug and discard it.
- If you face any tight issue while removing the spark plug then you should apply some lubricate into the hole around the spark plug which will help in loosing its tightness. You can also use a spark plug extractor tool if the spark plug is excessively damaged.
- Now the whole task is done you can very easily remove the broken spark plug without applying much effort.
How to install a new spark plug
Now we are going to explain How to install a new spark plug
- You should start the engine after removing the broken spark plug. It will remove any particles that may have settled in the exhaust valve.
- Before installing the new spark plug you should remember to use optimal pressure and you should be sure that the hands are not dirty.
- After replacing you should clean the spark plug on a regular basis. So after cleaning the old one you must install a new spark plug. Now I think you have understood that how much important it is to install best spark plugs for 4.0 jeep wrangler JK
What are the things that you have to know before removing broken spark plugs?
You cannot remove the spark plug from your car engine when you are in a hurry. So if you wants to remove the spark plug from your car engine then the first thing that must have within you is patience.
Accessing the spark plugs
You have to know the task of accessing the spark plug which I think will be quite easy for you after reading this article.
How to install new Spark Plug
Before removing the broken spark plug from your car engine another important thing that you have to know is how to install the new spark plug. Because without the new spark plug your car will be useless.
What is the reason for breaking off a spark plug?
- There are much reasons for breaking off a spark plug one of the reasons for breaking off a spark plug is improper handling of it and various other reason also
- If you have installed it long years ago then it can be the reason for being damaged.
- If you or the other person has done the task of installation with dirty hands then it may damage.
- Maybe cross-threading happened during the time of installation.
- Using more force while installing the spark plug can be the another reason.
So all the reason tells us what are the reason for breaking off a spark plug. That’s why before installing the spark plug you must read our guide or watch a youtube tutorial video because most of the time spark plug breaks due to improper installation.
How long does it take to change spark plugs
You must setup your mind that the task of removing broken spark plu will take time because you cannot do the task in a hurry. But in general it will take a hour to remove the broken spark plug from your car engine.
If you are still reading this article then I think you must have understood the whole process of how to remove broken spark plug and how to install new spark plug.
If you still have any question regarding this article then you can feel free to ask me about it through below comment section.