We all know that wax protects the car paint from dust, dirt and small scratches. But everything has a life and it needs to be change after a certain period of time. So if you know how to remove wax from car then it will help you in both way first one is if you do the task by yourselves then you do not have to pay extra money for it and secondly you do not have to take your car to a garage to remove the wax from car.
When should you remove the old wax from your car?
The time for removing the old wax from your car depends on your usage. If you keep your car in a closed garage then you can remove the old wax after 6 month but if you keep your car in a open air then you may have to remove the old wax after 2 months. But in general you must remove the old wax from your car after every 3 months.
So if you want to keep your car paint well and give your car new or showroom type look by yourselves then scroll down to know how to remove wax from car paint in a step by step process.
How to remove wax from car 2022
There are various way to remove car wax. But few process can affect your car paint which I think you do not want. That’s why before describing the whole process we have tested various process to remove the car wax and from all those process we are sharing the process that does not affect the paint of your car while removing the old wax.
Things that you should have to remove the old wax from your car are Bucket, Car Sponge, Car brush, Water, Car wash soap for removing wax, Microfiber towel and Wax remover liquid which may be needed or may not be needed.
To remove the old wax from your car the first thing that you should do is wash the whole car surface by spreading water.
After that you can notice closely that the water is flowing rapidly where the wax is still good and where the old wax has became damaged at that place water is flowing at a less speed.
So the common way to observe the car wax quality is spreading water. If the water flows at a faster speed then you will understand that your car wax is still good but if it takes time to flow then you will understand that it has damaged because wax repels water.
Wash the Whole Vehicles Completely
- As you have completed the task of watering the whole surface of your car. Now I think you should take a bucket and add a car wash soap to remove the old wax from your car.
- Ads little bit of water on your bucket so that it will help in forming a nice bed of foamy suds,
- After that you should dip the car sponge into the bucket to allow it soap some suds from the bucket and then start rubbing the vehicle surface for many time within 2-3 feet area.
- Then wait for few minutes so that the soap got sitted onto every section of your car within a matter of few minutes after that rub your car many times with a car brush.
- Next you should continue the same process on the total surface of your car at a particular time.
Complete a final wax test and clean your car more if its needed
- Now spray water again to the total car surface and notice closely at the flowing speed of the water.
- If your old wax remains still now then you will notice that the water is flowing at a much faster speed. But there will be some places where car wax has been removed at those places you will notice that the wax is not flowing at a faster speed.
- So by watching the water flow speed if you thinks that little bit of wax still remains on your car surface or paint then rub it with some isopropyl alcohol or use car wax liquid to remove the paint of your car.
- If you followed every single steps to remove the old wax from your car paint then I think you will feel much more confident right now. Because you have successfully remove the old wax from your car by yourselves.
How to remove car wax from windshield
Above we have mentioned how to remove wax from car and now we are going to mention how to remove car wax from windshield. Basically wax forms in car glass and windshield and to remove this wax various home based strategies are made
Before you remove the wax from your car windshield you need to remove the wax from your car blade. The wax on blades will make a film across the windshield. It does not matter whether you have clean the windows or blades first just remember one thing do not use the blades until everything is not completely clean.
Now comes to the process of how to clean car wax from windshield. To remove the wax from windshield you can either use rubbing alcohol or vinegar. Take a cotton made ball and dip that cotton made ball into the solution that you have made by using alcohol or vinegar. The solution will surely remove the wax from your car windshield and make your car blades clean with its sliding motion.
Cartoolsguide have describe you the whole process of how to remove wax from car. Now after reading this article I think your confidence level has been boosted towards the upper side. You are feeling that you can do the task by yourselves only.
If my assumption is right then my task of describing the whole process of how to remove wax from car paint is successful.