As you are searching by typing the word how to install a winch on a trailer then I think you have recently went for an off road drive and their you had stucked your car at some places for which I think you had suffered for few hours. After that you may have called a garage mechanic or your friend who has taken a best winch for car trailer with him and attached it with your car bumper or on a trailer ramp for hauling your vehicle which I think had surprised you because you and your family member were suffering for so many hours and this simple thing has helped you to pull your car from stucked position.
If I am not wrong then I think after watching all this your curiosity has raised for learning the process of how to install a winch on a car trailer. But I must say you its a long process to install the winch on a car trailer you have to scroll down and read our every single steps to do the tasks by yourselves.
How to install a winch on a trailer
Below we are going to describe the important steps of how to install a solar panel winch on a car trailer. So if you have a urge of learning the whole process of how to install a winch on a car trailer then follow our every single steps.
You should have the following items with you while installing the winch on a car trailer are Winch Plate Drill Bolts Double sided Tape
- To install winch on a trailer the first thing that you have to take is winch plate and keep it on a flat surface of the trailer. Next if you have to mount the fairly flash with winch plate then you will notice that there remains a little bit of gap on it another thing that you are going to notice is both holes are not equally lined up. So what you will do to equally lined up the holes? If you do not have any idea then I must tell you that you should add a aluminum plate to equally lined up the holes.
- Next keep the aluminum plate inside the box after that make 4 holes on the aluminum plate with the help of a drill. After making holes you should keep the winch plate and tighten the winch plate by putting bolts and washers on the 4 different holes.
- After that mark the upper part of winch plate holes which is attached with the box. Next go to the back portion of the box and make holes on the perfect position which will allow you to put the bolts within the box. So that you can keep the winch plate tighten.
- Now its time to install the winch. Every winch is different from the other brand but the overall type is same. With winch you are going to get installed battery in it.
- Now we are going to mount the solar panel on the top of the box. At first keep the sonar panel on the top portion of the box then make a hole by putting a rubber above it after that insert the wire within that holes so that you can connect the solar panel with the battery and charge controller.
- While fixing the solar panel on the top portion of the box you will find some bracket which will provide safety in the task. If you have longer size wire then you must cut according to the need and use double sided tape while attaching the wire both with battery and charge controller.
- Now its ready to pull your car from the stucked position.
I think now you have understood how to install winch on a car trailer because above we have clearly mentioned in a step by step process how to install winch on a car trailer.
If you still facing any problem regarding the installation issue then either you can watch YouTube video by clicking on the above given link or you can ask me your question in below given comment box.
Can you run a winch off a battery?
Yes you can run winch off a battery but your battery need to have a CCA to power both your engine and winch. The battery should have the reserve capacity to supply enough power to the winch.
How easy is it to install a winch?
It is an easy to task to install a winch. You just need to have some common tools like drill, double sided tape and bolts with you and you have to keep 1-2 hours of time in your hand for installing winch.
Is a cable or synthetic better for a winch?
Synthetic rope is better than than a steel cable winch because it stores less energy compared to synthetic rope and synthetic rope is lighter than steel cable.