Are you facing brake caliper compression problem? If your answer is yes then immediately solve the problem because brake plays an important role to drive your vehicle safely through the road.
What can happen if your brake caliper does not work properly?
If your brake caliper does not work properly or the brakes does not release properly then the driver of the car can face dangerous situations.
So if you are driver by profession and wants to avoid dangerous situation for brake caliper compression problem then read the whole article to acquire complete knowledge about how to compress brake caliper because in this article cartoolsguide is going to describe the 5 different way to compress brake caliper.
How to compress Brake Caliper
Now we are going to describe the 5 easiest way to compress brake caliper that are How to compress brake piston without tool, How to compress brake caliper with c clamp, How to compress brake caliper with channel lock, How to compress brake caliper with caliper compressor, How to compress brake caliper with screwdriver and How to compress brake caliper with channel lock etc.
How to compress brake piston without tool
Things needed to compress brake piston without tools are 2 piece of wood one is 10 inches long and the other one is 12 inches long.
- At first remove the front brake caliper
- After that place the older brake pads back into the caliper if they are not already clipped into the caliper.
- Next you should remove the brake fluid reservoir cap.
- As you compress the brake piston, you should keep on checking the fluid level to make sure it does not overflow. If necessary then you should remove the extra fluid.
- Now take 2 pieces of wood that are 10-12 inches long.
- Next place the pieces of wood side by side between the two old brake pads.
- Now slowly lever one wood forward and one wood back at the same time and by applying equal force on both wood.
- Next you should slowly push the piston back into the caliper.
Note one thing this will not work with most rear caliper pistons as they need to be rotate as they are pushed in
How to compress brake caliper with C Clamp
There are various process to look through faulty caliper. From all of those process C clamp is one of them that’s why below we are going to discuss about how to compress brake caliper with C Clamp.
Things needed to compress brake caliper with C Clamp are 6 inch C Clamp 1 old brake pad
- At first place an old brake pad in front of the piston. So that it can protect the piston from being damaged.
- Now place the fixed jaw behind the caliper body.
- Next line up the movable jaw at the Center of the piston.
- By using the handle turn the screw of the clamp clockwise. So that it will push the piston back into the caliper.
- You should keep on checking the level of the brake fluid reservoir as you push the piston back in.
- To make sure that the brake fluid does not overflow. Remove any excess amount of brake fluid if its needed.
- When the piston is fully pushed back in, turn the screw counterclockwise and remove the clamp.
- After that remove the old brake pad which you have placed to protect the piston from being damaged.
- Now your piston is ready to fit over your new brake pads.
How to compress brake caliper with caliper compressor
Things needed to compress brake caliper with Caliper compressor Perfect size Caliper compressor
- At first take the caliper off then take the brake pad next to the piston.
- After that put your caliper compressor on to the brake caliper and go ahead and pump the caliper compressor.
- Now you are going to get plenty of room to get caliper back over new brake pads.
How to compress brake caliper with screwdriver
Things needed to compress brake caliper with screwdriver are Screwdriver
- This is the poor man process of compressing brake caliper. Take your regular screwdriver and place it inside to loosen the brake caliper.
- After that place the screwdriver in between brake pad and piston and push that piston back in.
How to compress brake caliper with channel lock
Things needed to compress brake caliper with channel locks are Channel lock
- At first take the channel lock then take the caliper off after that place the brake pad next to the piston.
- Just open the jaws of the channel locks and squeeze the channel lock and push that piston back in and the task compressing brake caliper is now completed.
Above we have described 5 different ways to compress brake caliper. So that you apply any single method for compressing brake caliper of your vehicle.
If you find any difficulty while compressing brake caliper by following our above given any single method then you can feel free to ask me through below given comment section I will give answer to your questions. So that you can compress the caliper by yourselves without facing any trouble or difficulty.
So if you find this article helpful for compressing the brake caliper then you must share this article with your friends and relatives who have a vehicle in their home.
What can I use to compress brake caliper?
You can use simple tool like screwdriver, C Clamp, Channel lock etc to compress the brake caliper.
What happens if you press the brake too hard?
If you press the brake too hard then it can damage the brakes or it can damage the brake pads of your vehicle.
Do I need to open the bleeder valve to compress piston?
Actually, you should open the bleeder and compress the caliper piston before you install the new pads.
How much time do you need to replace brake caliper?
To replace brake caliper you need to have only 30 minutes in your hand. So if your vehicle brake caliper has got damaged then take out 30 minutes of time from your busy schedule and replace it as early as possible.